Bayer Didget Meter For Kids: Children get diabetes just like adults. In fact, studies suggest that more children are developing diabetes a lot earlier on. According to the American Diabetes Association, about 215,000 children and adolescents under that age of 20 have either type 1 or type 2 diabetes and one in every four hundred children have type 1 diabetes.
Having diabetes at any age can be difficult but even more so as a child. Many children don’t want to brush their teeth or take a bath so when it comes to getting pricked by a needle it can almost become impossible to endure. However, thanks to a new meter designed for children, testing couldn’t be more fun.
The Bayer Didget Meter For Kids is a nice addition to any child who has diabetes because it can make testing fun. It actually rewards a child for testing regularly through free games on their Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite. It is the only blood glucose monitor that plugs directly into the gaming system.
Here are some of its great features:
- No coding technology
- Has same accuracy as Bayer’s Contour Blood Glucose Meter
- Calculates reward points that children can use to cash in to unlock new levels and buy in-game items
- Includes Knock’em Downs: World Fair video game and mini game arcade
The Bayer Didget Meter For Kids is great for any children who had diabetes because what better way to get your child to test consistently than to offer a reward? It’s a perfect piece of technology and children are already falling in love with and can’t wait to test again.
The monitor itself has two modes.
First off, there is the basic mode. All you have to is insert a testing strip and test. Here are some of the basic modes features:
- 5 second testing time
- Has a 480 test result memory
- Has large, easy-to-read display screen
- Ready-to-test straight out of the box
- Auto detection of control solution
- Has 14-day average
- Has 7-day summary
The second mode is known as the advanced mode and it basically works the same as the basic mode but there are some differences. Here are some of the advanced modes features:
- Customizable features
- Supports the need for personalized treatment goals
- HI/LO test result summary shows test above and below your child’s glucose target level
- Pre and post meal marker can helps kids to identify tests that are taken before or after they have eaten
- Selectable post-meal reminder can help children to remember that they need to test after they have eaten
- Has 7,14 and 30 day averages
The Bayer Didget Meter For Kids can be a wonderful addition to help your child to remember that they need to test. While it does add the “fun” bonus of being able to earn rewards, it also helps your children when their fight against diabetes. By checking their glucose regularly, they can’t help fight off any diabetic complications that might arise in the future. It is a win, win situation.