Cuban Eggs Ingredients
8 hard cooked eggs
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp
Cheddar cheese, divided
3 tablespoons non dairy/fat free half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 cans (8 oz. each) no salt added tomato sauce
Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside.
3. In small bowl, mash yolks with fork. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended.
4. Fill each white with one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture.
5. Place in 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
6. In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and pepper in butter until crisp & tender, for about 3 minutes.
7. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Pour over eggs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley, if desired.