The Prandin medication is used for individuals that are not insulin dependant, as of most type 2 diabetes patients. With this disease, the pancreas cannot produce enough insulin naturally to break down and control the sugar levels in the body. Usually, this medication is stand-alone; however an individual may be prescribed another form of oral medicine as well. It is vital to never mix medications without the approval of the physician. The reason that more than one kind of medication may be used is because the system is still not producing enough insulin to keep the person healthy. The Prandin tablets are designed to stimulate the pancreas to release more insulin into the body as well as controlling the amount used. This pill needs to be taken while on a strict diet and exercise regiment. An individual will need both the tablet as well as the regiment to maintain enough insulin in their body.
It is vital to follow all directions that the doctor gives to ensure the proper habits are being preformed. Testing blood sugar levels should be done often to understand if the pill and diet regiment are working correctly. Low as well as high glucose levels can cause irreversible damage to the system. An individual typically will take the Prandin tablet 15 to 30 minutes before a fulfilling meal. Snacks are not affected unless large amounts of sugar or carbohydrates are consumed. There are different doses that an individual may be prescribed to take. These are .5mg, 1mg as well as 2mg. This will be decided on each individual. The doctor will take in various considerations when they make this choice. It is vital to tell the physician if changes in lifestyle, stress, anxiety or illness are occurring. This can all affect the dose of the Prandin medication.
There are several pieces of information that a person must remember while taking this medication. If any questions or concerns are present, speak to the physician immediately to resolve any conflicts.
- Alcohol should be avoided because this kind of beverage causes low blood sugar levels. However, discuss this with the doctor if a safe amount can be consumed.
- Other medications, even over-the-counter pills can cause adverse effects. If medications need to be consumed while taking the Prandin tablets, ask the physician if it is safe. They may decide to try another treatment or lower the dose that is currently being taken.
- Be aware of the signs for low blood sugar levels. These symptoms include but are not limited to sweating, mood changes or unusual fatigue. Always check the glucose levels and act accordingly. It is always a good idea to carry glucose tablets or hard candy at all times. Never miss a meal. Eating properly controls the medication inside the system.
There are several side effects to be aware of. However, most individuals may not experience any of the symptoms at all. Nevertheless, it is a good idea to know what to do in case the symptoms appear. Discuss any concerns with the physician as well as a plan of action in case they present themselves.
- There are several side effects that may present themselves that do not need medical care. These could be mild discomfort in the back or joints, slight stomach problems or feeling hot. These problems should go away by themselves or become less bothersome. Nevertheless, an individual should seek advice if the issues worsen or linger.
- An individual should speak to a doctor as soon as possible if any of the following symptoms appear. Fever, rapid heart beat, cold like symptoms or pain, especially in the chest should be addressed fairly quickly.
- If an individual begins to seizure or feeling faint and light-headed or needing to pass out, a medical care provider should be contacted immediately.
- Any other symptoms that are not normal should be addressed in the next doctor’s visit. If anything seems serious, go to the emergency room right away.