2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound sea scallops
1/2 cup thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup diced regular or plum tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
1 tablespoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add scallops, and saute 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove scallops from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
- Add onion rings and garlic to skillet, and saute for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients and saute 2 minutes or until tender. Spoon sauce over scallops.