Chicken With Crunchy Vegetables
Ingredients (4 carb per serving, serves 4)
3/4 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 cup diagonally sliced celery
3/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup coarsely shredded red cabbage
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Combine chicken and 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce in a bowl; stir well. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrot, and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in cabbage and water chestnuts; remove from skillet.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add remaining teriyaki sauce; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Return cabbage mixture to skillet; stir-fry 1 minute or until done.