The Glyset medication has been designed to assist patients with type 2 diabetes. An individual with this disease cannot produce enough insulin natural to maintain their blood sugar levels. Normally, these individual’s can take pills to help their pancreas release the required amount of insulin. There are instances when an individual with type 2 diabetes will also need to take insulin injections. This depends on how well the medication is working as well as their patient’s lifestyle. Diet and exercise can help control the necessary amount of blood sugar that is found in a person. Along with this type of regiment, the Glyset pill can control the insulin in the system. This medication can be prescribed in 25mg, 50mg as well as 100mg tablets. This is determined by the output of insulin in an individual’s system and a person’s lifestyle. The Glyset pill has a chemical that assists in delaying the digestion in carbohydrates that is consumed. That will in turn lower the glucose levels after the patient eats a meal.
The Glyset tablets have had extensive studies completed. These results were fascinating. These studies tested several different groups of people. The groups of individual’s were from inside the United States as well as other countries. They tested placebos as well as the Glyset. This medication proved to lower the blood sugar levels in all the patients dramatically. While the placebos did show signs of reduced glucose, the findings were undesirable. Within a week or two of the tests, patients that took the Glyset tablets increasingly lowered their blood sugar.
When an individual has been given this style of medication they need to follow all the doctors instructions. Any questions or concerns should be addressed before the tablets are taken. There is certain information that a patient will need to know when they obtain the Glyset pills. The physician in charge will explain in detail how to use these tablets safely as well as effectively.
1. An individual will need to consult a nutritionist to begin a successful diet and exercise regiment. Along with this, the Glyset tablets will lower the glucose levels in a person’s system. Usually an individual takes this type of medication 3 times a day. The beginning of breakfast is typically the first pill. A person will need to take the medication around the same times everyday. The mg as well as the amount taken each day is designed around a person’s lifestyle. The doctor will discuss this with the patient and come to a conclusion.
2. Glyset cannot by itself lower the blood sugar levels to alarming rates. However, when it is mixed with other medication an accidental glucose drop may happen. Do not mix this medication with insulin or other pills without a doctor’s approval. It is vital to understand each medication that is being consumed and use caution.
3. A study on pregnancy has not been established. Explain to the doctor that a person may be pregnant or trying to have a baby. They will follow the best course of action on this matter.
4. When a mother nurses the levels of the chemicals from Glyset are fairly low. However, a small percentage still exists. There are not been any cases involving an overdose in the infant through the mother’s milk. Nevertheless, it is not recommended that a mother take the Glyset medication while nursing.
5. Side effects can fairly uncommon but they can happen in certain patients. Most common aliment is stomach issues. A person may have mild discomfort or slight pain sensation. A patient may experience diarrhea. After a couple of weeks on this treatment, these symptoms could disperse. If they do not or become increasingly worse, a doctor’s visit is in order.