Cardiovascular disease can affect anyone. However, a person with diabetes is more susceptible to heart problems. Diabetes attacks an individual’s immune system as well as their nervous system. The blood vessels shrink and less blood flow to the heart can occur. With all the health problems that can arise, it is vital to know how to take care of the body for a long and vital life. An individual can discuss with their personal physician on what they need to do to prevent a tragedy from happening. When a person is first diagnosed with diabetes, their lifestyle must change. They will need to know how to control their issues through healthy means. Heart disease is a leading complication in a diabetic patient. It is a serious problem; however the risk can be lowered with the proper medication and lifestyle changes.
Stroke takes a large number of diabetic patients each year. This is because when your blood vessels shrink, the movement is limited. An individual’s brain needs to have a certain supply of blood to keep it active. When this supply slows down, stroke complications happen. A part of the brain dies. Strokes, heart attacks and poor circulation can all be devastating to an individual as well as their families. A person that has gone through a stroke may lose their sight, hearing or motor skills.
There are preventive measures than can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease in diabetic patents. It is a lifestyle change that must be made to stay active as well as vital throughout the years.
- Diet and exercise. Diet is a major lifestyle change for most people. However, when a person is overweight and has diabetes, the risks are much higher. With the proper diet of low sugar foods and low fat content, an individual can become healthy. An exercise regiment should be discussed with a doctor. Too much or too little may cause an individual to experience cardiac arrest. With the correct amount of each of these steps, an individual can become healthier and reduce their risks by 40%.
- Blood sugar. The blood sugar for a diabetic is vital for long lasting effects. When this is too high, the human body’s system begins to break down. The physician can explain what range a person should stay in. Check this often, at least 3 or 4 times a day for maximum security. As well as taking the proper medication when directed.
- Cholesterol. It is important to keep a person’s cholesterol at appropriate levels. There are methods and medication that can be used to stay in the correct range. Discuss with a doctor on the best techniques to keep the cholesterol in safe amounts.
- Smoking. Smoking can cause various health effects in everyone. Nevertheless, it is extremely important to stop when a person has been diagnosed with diabetes. This habit can cause blood vessels to shrink, circulation to slow down even further and create new health risks as well. Patents that continue to smoke have double the chance to have a heart attack and a stroke.
- Blood pressure. An individual with high blood pressure is more likely to develop cardiovascular disease. A person that experiences high pressured lifestyle through home or office problems may have a heart attack or stroke. It is vital to stay clam and find relaxation techniques. There are at home kits that can assist in checking blood pressure often. A doctor may prescribe a medication that can help with this issue as well.
With simple and easy to follow steps, an individual can reduce their risks dramatically. It is vital to take the proper medication, lose weight and accomplish the exercise regiment fully. Cardiovascular disease can be controlled with a lifestyle change.