The Metaglip tablets are designed for an individual that has type 2 diabetes. Along with a structured diet and exercise regiment, these pills can assist in controlling the systems glucose levels. An individual that has been diagnosed with this type of diabetes can produce some insulin from their pancreas. However, some individuals may need insulin injections as well. Never mix medication or add insulin injects without the doctor’s approval. These tablets are taken for those people that do not require insulin injections. The Metaglip tablets are created with two kinds of medicine. These are Glipizide and Metformin. The Metaglip medication was created so an individual would only have to consume one tablet instead of mix the two together. This medication works well to assist the pancreas to produce the correct amount of insulin naturally so injections are not required. The tablets also assist in breaking down the sugar levels that are produced by the liver as well as what is absorbed into the intestines.
Before an individual begins this kind of treatment, there are pieces of information that they need to know. A physician will explain everything that a patient needs to know. Always follow the medical care provider’s instructions. If any questions or concerns are present, address them right away.
- An individual should never mix medication. They should also follow the doctor’s prescribed dose. The Metaglip should be taken at a certain time each day. A person’s body needs to get use to this kind of treatment. Always take the medication with food.
- Over-the-counter medication may be harmful if a person is also taking Metaglip tablets. If other medication is required, discuss the options with the physician. They may decide to prescribe something different or lower the dose.
- Do not drink excessive alcohol when taking this medication. Moderation may be an alright solution. However, alcohol lowers the systems blood sugar levels immensely. Discuss with the medical care provider if liquor can be consumed in moderation.
- Other aliments may adversely affect the Metaglip medication. If an individual is at risk for high blood pressure, heart problems or stomach complications, communicate this with the physician. Other medical conditions may be a factor as well; any history of problems should be discussed with the doctor as well.
- Pregnancy as well as nursing may be an issue with taking these tablets. If an individual is pregnant or thinking about becoming so, discuss the options with the health care provider.
Side effects are fairly rare but they can show themselves at different times. An individual with a history of adverse effects from medication should be wary when taking the Metaglip tablets. If anything unusual is happening contact a medical care provider right away, serious reacts need to be dealt with immediately.
- A rare disorder could be found in patients using the Metaglip medication. This is called lactic acidosis. This is caused when the kidneys or liver is not working properly, too much alcohol is consumed or an individual is taking various other medications as well. The symptoms include but are not limited to major fatigue, dizziness, difficulty in breathing or low blood pressure. If an individual is experiencing any of these symptoms or anything out of the ordinary, seek medical care immediately.
- The most common aliments can be flatulence, headaches, nausea or vomiting and stomach problems. These symptoms are fairly common and usually leave on their own after a few days of the treatment. However, if they do persist or become worse with time, contract the physician in charge and explain the concerns.
- There are times will an individual may experience more severe symptoms that they will need to receive medical attention for right away. These can include but are not limited to allergic reactions, discomfort in the chest or stomach regions, mood swings or cramps in the muscles. An individual may also experience other symptoms. If anything seems out of the ordinary or harmful, seek a medical professional immediately.