The SUPERVALU family of grocery stores (including Acme®, Albertsons®, Cub Foods®, Farm Fresh®, Jewel-Osco®, Shaw’s/Star Market™, Shop ‘n Save®, and Shoppers Food & Pharmacy®) has just launched “living healthy with my diabetes™,” a program that will feature a variety of year-round resources, as well as special limited-time services starting Nov. 7 through Nov. 20 during American Diabetes Month.
Following are some of the services available between Nov. 7 and Nov. 20:
- Free blood glucose test screenings in selected locations (Saturday, Nov. 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Health screenings for A1C, cholesterol and liver function for just $19.99
- And in some stores, savings booklets for discounts on diabetes-related products, while supplies last.
Program elements that are available year-round include:
- “Eating Healthy with Diabetes” store tours guided by specially-trained pharmacists and registered dietitians
- Online diabetes-friendly menu ideas and recipes
- In-store pharmacy services including education, self-management services, blood glucose screenings, blood pressure monitoring and face-to-face medication reviews
- Diabetes products such as equaline® test strips, glucose tablets, blood pressure monitors, lancets, and latex and vinyl gloves