Cuban Eggs Ingredients
8 hard cooked eggs
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp
Cheddar cheese, divided
3 tablespoons non dairy/fat free half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 cans (8 oz. each) no salt added tomato sauce
Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside.
3. In small bowl, mash yolks with fork. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended.
4. Fill each white with one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture.
5. Place in 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
6. In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and pepper in butter until crisp & tender, for about 3 minutes.
7. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Pour over eggs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
Dash Of Salt
1/4 tsp. Mustard
1 1/2 to 2 1/2 T. Mayonnaise
Green Olives, Sliced
1. Hard boil your eggs.
2. Cool 10 minutes and remove shells. Cut into halves lengthwise and remove yolk.
3. Cream yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
4. Put 1/2 teaspoonful into egg whites and garnish with olive slices and paprika.
1 (6 oz.) Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
2 T. Butter
1 C. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. Chopped Scallions
1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
2 T. White Wine
2 T. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Drain artichoke marinade into a 10 inch ovenproof skillet. Add butter and melt.
2. Sauté mushrooms until golden. Add artichoke hearts and scallion, tossing until heated through. Turn heat to medium.
3. Beat eggs with garlic salt and wine until blended. Pour over mushroom mixture. Do Not Stir. Cook slowly until sides are bubbly.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is browned and eggs are set.
5. Serve directly from skillet. Makes 4 servings.
3/4 C. Chopped Avocado
1/3 C. Sour Cream
2 T. Chopped Green Chile
1 T. Chopped Scallion
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
Dash Of Tabasco Sauce
2 T. Butter Or Margarine
6 Beaten Eggs
1 C. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
2. In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat pour eggs into the skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes, lifting eggs to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
3. Remove from heat; sprinkle egg evenly with cheese and place skillet in a 325ÂºF oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
4. Spread avocado mixture on top 1/2 omelet and return it to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Fold the omelet in half to serve.
6 Extra Large Eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/4 lb Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Coarsely Shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF. Put butter in a 9 inch round metal cake pan in the oven just long enough to melt but not brown; remove and swirl butter to coat bottom and sides of pan.
2. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper to blend. Pour into prepared pan and place in oven.
3. When mixture begins to set, in about 5 minutes, draw a large spoon or spatula around sides and bottom of the pan to form large curds. Repeat process at 1 minute intervals for 2 or 3 times, depending on how set you want eggs.
4. Remove from pan with sweeping motions of the spoon or spatula, and fold in mozzarella.