Avandia Lawsuit: Avandia, known generically as rosiglitazone is an oral antidiabetic. It belongs in a class of drugs known as TZDs (thiazolidinediones). Avandia is meant to increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin and helps the management of blood sugar in the body; it became a very popular prescription to patients suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Globally, six million people were prescribed Avandia.
Avandia first made an appearance in the medical market in 1999 and quickly became one of the top prescriptions. By 2006, Avandia sales topped $2.2 billion in the United States alone. Perhaps though, Avandia has never been more popular than it is today. Its popularity comes from the many personal injury lawsuits facing its manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline.
If you or someone you know has been prescribed Avandia and have suffered health wise, you could have a personal injury case.
Many patients who took Avandia began have bad heart conditions and even bone issues as well. Personal injury lawyers are looking for justice for patients who have suffered from the following health conditions while taking Avandia.
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- Liver toxicity
- Severe allergic reaction
- Signs of Osteoporosis
- Excessive bone fractures
- Decreased bone formation
- Weak and brittle bones
- Increased bone resorption
Many cases have already been settled and there is so many more waiting to be settled. For those who have lost family members through hand Avandia death, legal justice prevails through a monetary settlement. This is possible because GlaxoSmithKline knew about the risky side effects but failed to unveil then to the general public and to the Food and Drug Administration.
If you or someone you know has been hurt by Avandia and you are seeking some sort of justice for it, contact a personal injury lawyer today. You deserve some sort of compensation and personal injury lawyers will work with you, to make sure you get it.
Your first step in finding a personal injury lawyer is to find a lawyer who knows exactly what they are doing. Find a lawyer who has recently settled Avandia cases. This is important because a lawyer who is experienced in your case can help you quickly find the settlement you are looking for. Before you contact a lawyer, do your homework on them. You want to know all that you can about your lawyer.
As an incentive for individuals who are suffering from Avandia side effects, many personal injury lawyers are offering a free initial consultation, which is important into today’s recession era. As an even bigger incentive, many personal injury lawyers work on contingency. This means they do not receive money until you receive money through a settlement.
Take in some of these tips before hiring a personal injury lawyer.
- Study up on the building of an Avandia lawsuit. Learn as much as you can about past cases. Research similar cases so that you can learn as much information as possible. The more you know, the better your case will go.
- Find out, if you should file a class action lawsuit or an individual lawsuit. If a death in the family has occurred due to the side effects of Avandia, than an individual lawsuit would be the best one for you.
- Choose your witness carefully. These should be people who are able to record by detail what happened such as a doctor.
- Once you have acquired a personal injury lawyer, you will want to learn about the process of negotiation when it comes to the corporate lawyers of GlaxoSmithKline.