Cuban Eggs Ingredients
8 hard cooked eggs
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp
Cheddar cheese, divided
3 tablespoons non dairy/fat free half and half
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
1 tablespoon butter
2 cans (8 oz. each) no salt added tomato sauce
Hot cooked brown rice (optional)
Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside.
3. In small bowl, mash yolks with fork. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended.
4. Fill each white with one heaping tablespoon yolk mixture.
5. Place in 8x8x2 inch baking dish.
6. In medium saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and pepper in butter until crisp & tender, for about 3 minutes.
7. Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Pour over eggs. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Deviled Eggs Ingredients
Dash Of Salt
1/4 tsp. Mustard
1 1/2 to 2 1/2 T. Mayonnaise
Green Olives, Sliced
1. Hard boil your eggs.
2. Cool 10 minutes and remove shells. Cut into halves lengthwise and remove yolk.
3. Cream yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
4. Put 1/2 teaspoonful into egg whites and garnish with olive slices and paprika.
1 (6 oz.) Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
2 T. Butter
1 C. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. Chopped Scallions
1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
2 T. White Wine
2 T. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Drain artichoke marinade into a 10 inch ovenproof skillet. Add butter and melt.
2. Sauté mushrooms until golden. Add artichoke hearts and scallion, tossing until heated through. Turn heat to medium.
3. Beat eggs with garlic salt and wine until blended. Pour over mushroom mixture. Do Not Stir. Cook slowly until sides are bubbly.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is browned and eggs are set.
5. Serve directly from skillet. Makes 4 servings.
3/4 C. Chopped Avocado
1/3 C. Sour Cream
2 T. Chopped Green Chile
1 T. Chopped Scallion
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
Dash Of Tabasco Sauce
2 T. Butter Or Margarine
6 Beaten Eggs
1 C. Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1. In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients.
2. In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, melt the butter over medium heat pour eggs into the skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes, lifting eggs to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
3. Remove from heat; sprinkle egg evenly with cheese and place skillet in a 325ÂºF oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
4. Spread avocado mixture on top 1/2 omelet and return it to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Fold the omelet in half to serve.
6 Extra Large Eggs
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/4 lb Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Coarsely Shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF. Put butter in a 9 inch round metal cake pan in the oven just long enough to melt but not brown; remove and swirl butter to coat bottom and sides of pan.
2. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper to blend. Pour into prepared pan and place in oven.
3. When mixture begins to set, in about 5 minutes, draw a large spoon or spatula around sides and bottom of the pan to form large curds. Repeat process at 1 minute intervals for 2 or 3 times, depending on how set you want eggs.
4. Remove from pan with sweeping motions of the spoon or spatula, and fold in mozzarella.
Southern Stuffed Eggs Ingredients
12 Hardboiled Eggs
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
1/5 tsp. Pepper
5 Slices Bacon, Crisply Fried & Finely Crumbled
1/2 C. Mayonnaise Or Salad Dressing
1/2 to 1 tsp. White Vinegar
1. Cut peeled eggs in half lengthwise. Take out yolks and mash with fork.
2. Mix in salt, mustard, pepper, bacon, mayonnaise and vinegar.
3. Fill egg whites with yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Keep covered in refrigerator.
Note: 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickles may be substituted for bacon.
Trattoria Frittata Ingredients
8 Ounces Bulk Italian Sausage
1 cup Chopped Green Pepper
1 teaspoon Fennel Seed
1/2 cup (4 oz.) Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 small Tomato, Thinly Sliced
1/4 cup (1 oz.) Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1. In a 10 inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handleover, put over medium heat, cook sausage, green pepper and fennel seed, stirring to break sausage apart, until sausage is browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Return to pan.
2. In medium bowl, beat together eggs, ricotta cheese and garlic powder until blended.
3. Pour into pan over sausage mixture. Cover. Cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil about 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Cut into wedges and serve from pan or slide from pan onto serving platter.
4 Egg Whites
1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Herbs (a combination of any or all of the following fresh herbs may be used: basil, tarragon, thyme, parsley and chives) or 1 1/2 teaspoon Dried Herbs
1 tablespoon Low Fat Parmesan Cheese
1. Place egg whites in mixing bowl & Whisk eggs slightly
2. Add 1 tablespoon of herbs to egg mixture and mix well
3. Coat a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set it over low heat. Pour egg in mixture and slices mushrooms.
4. When eggs begin to set, left edges with spatula and tilt skillet to let uncooked egg run to the bottom; sprinkle parmesan cheese over omelet.
5. Continue cooking omelet over low heat; when cooked to an even consistency, fold the omelet over into a half circle and cook until fluffy.
2 lbs sausage
1 lb ground beef
2 TBS instant minced onion
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1-1/2″ balls and place on cookie sheet.
3. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes about 50 meatballs.
One meatball (approx.)
1 Large Onion, Minced
2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
4 tablespoons Chili Powder
2 teaspoons Crushed Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
5 tablespoons Vinegar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 lbs Ground Pork
1. Knead all ingredients together until well blended.
2. Shape into patties or meat loaf or stuff into sausage casings.
3. Make a large roll or tie off in 5 to 18-inch links with string.
4. Refrigerate in airtight containers for 2 to 3 days to allow flavors to blend. If you plan to use the sausage immediately, the spices will not be as strong. You may substitute 3/4 lb ground beef for half the pork, or red wine for the vinegar. Do not use rice vinegar. This sausage will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. Or you can freeze it.